What is confidence? So many people will tell you it’s the ability to stand in front of a crowd and speak. Others will tell you that it’s not caring about what others say about you. In reality, confidence is the ability to be completely comfortable in your own skin, knowing you’re a good, happy person who can show the world the very same. You make people feel in awe from the moment you walk into the room - and none of it is fake.
A lot of self-help articles tell you to fake it until you make it, but who wants to spend their lives faking it? You want to know you feel confident, and you want to embrace that every time you feel it. People who are naturally self-confident always see themselves in a good, positive light - as they should! They have a lot of satisfaction with things going on in their lives, and their self-respect levels are on point. This level of confidence is something that some people only ever dream of feeling, but you can feel that way, too. Confidence is a skill to be mastered, and you need to believe in yourself. So, read through the tips below to capture your confidence, and let’s make sure that you feel good for a change.
- 1. It would help if you made an effort to stay away from people who put a downer on your life. It doesn’t matter if they are your current friends or family. If people doubt you and the way that you do things, they have no business being around you. You can make big leaps toward feeling more self-confident when no one is pushing you over every time you try.
- 2. Sometimes, it’s okay to fake it! If you need to fake feeling positive to entice those happy hormones, you go right ahead and fake it. Eventually, you won’t have to, and you’ll know what it’s like to feel satisfied and positive.
- 3. Make a list of things that don’t make you feel confident. If you haven’t yet got your dental implants and your smile isn’t as complete as you’d like, then book that appointment with the dentist. If you hate your glasses, get some contacts. Confidence should show on the outside as much as it does on the inside. If being confident means that you want to change your eyes, your teeth, or even dye your hair, you go and do it!
- 4. Pull up your spine and throw back your shoulders. Half the time, your confidence can shine out of you just from sitting up straight and smiling. It shows others that you are sure of yourself, which is what you want to achieve!
- 5. Eye contact is one of the most significant ways to show the world your confidence. Shyness comes through when you look at the floor - or anywhere else - when you are speaking to a person. Look people in the eye when you say hello or when you’re in a conversation - it can make a real difference.
Capturing your confidence is about letting go of the insecurities and knowing you are everything the world needs no matter what. Why not start practicing now?
Post a Comment